Avoca Handweavers Shops Limited, a company incorporated in Ireland with company number 46106 with a registered office is at 70 Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland (“we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 and the ePrivacy Regulations (S.I. 336/2011) (as may be amended from time to time), the data controller is Avoca Handweavers Shops Limited, a company incorporated in Ireland with company number 46106 with a registered office at 70 Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland .
Information We Collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on avoca.ie or www.avoca.com, (“our site”), including for purchasing goods or services (including gift vouchers), creating or updating an account, entering competitions or applying for special promotions, signing up for offers or other updates, and/or when you sign up to any of our email lists. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources you access.
- Information that you provide when you interact with us on social media or when you click on an ad that we put on our site or on someone else’s website.
The types of personal information collected from you may include your name, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, e-mail address, payment card details, IP address, search terms, shopping history, shopping preferences, sizes, responses to research questions and surveys, responses to competition and promotion entries, content of applications for offers and other updates, the type of web browser you use, the times you access our site and how long you access it for, the details of the website that referred you to our site, cell IDs for your mobile phone, your GPS and other device location information, any content you share with us or provide to us, password details for your account, answers to security questions for your account and any other information you share with or provide to us . Except where you provide your personal information to us in accordance with the above, we will not collect these types of personal information without first asking you for it.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type and we may collect information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer.
Cookies are small text files that contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognise you when you return to our site.
Cookie - mainstainsid. Name - Set Cookie Header Cookie. Purpose - tells the browser to store
the data in a text file.
Cookie - utma. Name - Google Analytics Tracking Cookie. Purpose - stores the amount of
visits for each visitor to the site, the time of the first visit, the previous visit, and the current
Cookie - utmb and utmc. Name - Google Analytics Tracking Cookies. Purpose - used to
check approximately when a visit starts, ends and how fast people leave the site.
Cookie - utmz. name - Google Analytics Tracking Cookie. Purpose - determines whether or
not access to the site came via a search engine (eg Google).
Most web browsers allow some user control of most cookies through the browser settings. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. For information on changing these settings, please look for a “help” function in the browser or contact the browser provider. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.
Storing Your Data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Using Your Information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- to process your orders for goods and/or services and to deliver and/or provide those goods and services to you;
- to provide you with a customer account, including for the purpose of making future ordering on our site more efficient for you;
- to enable us and our third party payment service providers to process payment for goods and/or services ordered by you;
- to disclose to third parties who may use this information to advertise to you through website ad services including Facebook and Google;
- to maintain a customer email list and to market our goods and services to you, including by understanding your preferences and customising the goods and services we offer you as a result and to advertise and market to you more effectively by using knowledge of your preferences;
- to provide you with notice of special offers, notice of advanced sales, notice of new store openings and other Avoca-related news;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to contact you where you have requested information from us or have reported a problem with our site;
- To publish any testimonials or reviews of our goods and services that you provide to us;
- To customise and optimise the mobile version of our site;
- To anonymise, pseudonymise and/or aggregate our customer data, for purposes of then disclosing that anonymised, pseudonymised and/or aggregated data (which will not identify you or other individual customers or users of our site) for marketing and/or strategic development purposes; and
- to notify you about changes to our service.
We may disclose your personal information to any company in our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in sections 7 and 8 of the Irish Companies Act 2014 (as may be amended from time to time).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets;
- if Avoca Handweavers Shops Limited is or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation;
- we have hired or who have been hired on our behalf, including Realex Payments and Paypal (our payment service provider (see below)), and Google Analytics who we use to gather statistics on portions of our site. These companies – our suppliers – are contractually bound to use personal information we share with them only to perform the services we have hired them to provide;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Avoca Handweavers Shops Limited, our customers or others.
All payment processing is handled securely on our behalf by Realex Payments (“Realex”). Realex uses the Payment Card Industry Data Security Security Standard (PCI DSS) to keep the processing of your payment information secure.
PCI DSS is a mandatory compliance standard for all payment service providers. PCI DSS enforces high levels of security in all areas where cardholder data is transmitted or stored. Strong protections such as encryption, intrusion detection and response, formalised policies and standards and security aware development methodologies are utilised by Realex as part of its PCI DSS compliance.
Never send your bank or credit card details to us by email or other than by the form on our site which requests payment details. Please note that email is not encrypted and is not considered a secure means of transmitting credit card numbers. We will never, ever ask for sensitive information via email.
When ordering products or services on the site, you may be asked to provide a credit card number. Depending upon the activity, some of the information that we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory data with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data or, in relation to any emails sent, by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in those emails. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will remove your contact details as soon as possible after receiving your request.
You may also write to us at:-
Avoca Data Compliance OfficerAvoca Online, Kilmacanogue, Bray, County Wicklow
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
You have the right to access information held about you and to have incorrect or “stale” information corrected, deleted or contextualised in certain circumstances. Your rights can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1988 and 2003. Any access request to us may be subject to a fee of €6.35. Please submit any requests by e-mail to email@example.com