- Kilmacanogue Store, Cafes & HQ
- Suffolk Street Store & Cafés
Dublin City Centre
- Rathcoole Store & Cafés, N7 Naas Road
- The Mill Store, Café, Visitor Centre, Avoca Village
- Letterfrack Store, Connemara
- Moll's Gap Store & Café on the Ring of Kerry
- Powerscourt House Store & Café, Enniskerry
- Mount Usher Gardens & Café, Ashford
- Avoca Food Market & Salt Café, Monkstown
- Malahide Castle Store & Café, Malahide
- Belfast City Centre Store & Café
Avoca Food Market & Salt Café
Store: +353 1 202 0220
Salt reservations: +353 1 202 0230
Find us on Google Maps here
Co-ords: 53.294, -6.1527
Avoca Monkstown is unusual in that it's our only location that only has food, with a large Food Market and a café, SALT.
Bright and airy, with a vintage retro style and featuring distressed wooden tables topped in white marble, salvage greenhouse window frames and comfy linen banquettes, Salt continues Avoca’s emphasis on serving delicious, seasonal dishes with largely locally sourced ingredients.
In addition to the familiar Avoca foodhall, deli and fresh salad bar, our Food Market offers a whole range of new food experiences under one roof including top quality fresh fruit and vegetables, its own specialist craft butcher, James Whelan and a French-style rotisserie. We've a dedicated Cheese Room and Charcuterie too.
Of course, it also carries our own popular Avoca Pantry and Avoca To Go labels, fresh bread from the Avoca Bakery as well as carefully-sourced artisan foods from around the world. Partners include Gold River Farm and Artisan Foods who look after fresh produce and Poulet Bonne Femme with a free range chicken and duck rotisserie in-store. And you'll find our Take-out Catering menu for download here.
Salt's name comes its Salthill locale - which itself was derived from salt works that were once here - plus the nearby sea and, of course, the seasoning. Our Head Chef is Mark McGillycuddy who previously worked in Michelin-starred Mint in Ranelagh. Menus are fresh and interesting (see below), with plenty of appetizing salads and lighter lunch dishes, reasonably priced for the casual mid-week crowd. Mark's kitchen supplies our foodhall too, of course.
Open all day with different menus at different times, including Mornings and Kids menus (see below), and late opening for Dinner several evenings a week. See Opening Times at top.
Find all our Salt menus here.
Find Salt Café Facebook here.
Open 7 days a week
- Mon & Tues: 8.30 am - 7.00pm
- Wed, Thurs & Fri: 8.30am - 8pm
- Sat: 9am - 8pm
- Sun: 9am - 7pm
- Mon - Fri: 9am - 11.45 am
- Weekdays open for coffees/scones 8.30am
- Sat: 9.30am - 11.45am
- Sun: 9.30am - 11.45am
- Mon to Sat: 12.15 pm - 5pm
- Sun: 12.30pm - 5pm
- Thurs - Sat from 6pm
Find our café menus here.